Jan 17, 2017

Preparing itinerary takes longer than expected

Every time I plan a new overseas adventure I am surprised by just how much time I have to spend on the computer bringing it all together. Over the Christmas break I seem to have spent most of my time organising my trip in June, tidying up my sewing space and planning the program for JAFA in April. Very soon I'll be back at University and I haven't had a chance to do any sewing yet!



Before Christmas I thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas Carol Ball and love this photo that Dylan took of John and I doing a candle dance. Every year we dance the dances from John's Christmas Carol Dance Book and its so nice to have all our friends around us.



However I can now report that my flights are booked! I'm going to be in the UK from 4 June-31 July spending four weeks researching and photographing costumes in museums for my book "Trims, Frills & Furbelows" http://www.tinyurl.com/tff-kickstarter and then I'm planning to attend needlework classes at the Royal School of Needlework, a textile conservation workshop in Glasgow and then a 3-day Jane Austen event in Winchester. From 1-16 August I'll be attending a historic textile summer school in Denmark, details still tbc.

I really must thank my husband John for staying home this trip to look after our adult son with disabilities and to making sure our younger teenage son gets his homework done and exam preparation completed and my English friend Jane for offering me a room, giving me a home base to come back to when I need it, companionship and encouragement to keep on track.

No comments:

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views